Tax Management NZ
As you will be aware TMNZ are NZ CA’s Platinum Sponsor – Tax Pooling Intermediary headed up by Penny Ineson and her team. TMNZ have come up with an offer to help NZ CA partner/directors manage upcoming provisional tax. This is an excellent time to review the offering for those firms who currently may not be utilising this service!
Penny Ineson says – “TMNZ is committed to supporting NZ CA. As a result we have put together the attached document to be shared with the NZ CA member firm owners. It covers off a number of different items, but the key message here is that TMNZ would welcome the opportunity to help directors and partners manage how and when they settle their provisional tax obligations.
We encourage recipients to reach out to their regional account manager or myself if they have any questions or would like to set up an arrangement with us.
TMNZ have now received confirmation from IRD regarding the ability to defer settlement of tax pooling arrangements for the 2021 income tax year past the statutory 75 day deadline (for most March balance date clients this deadline is 22 June 2022) this is part of IRD’s response to Covid-19. Read more here https://www.tmnz.co.nz/covid-19-business-support/
TMNZ is New Zealand’s leading and pioneering tax pooling business. Since 2001, TMNZ has inspired innovation to help create a better tax environment for Aotearoa. Over 100,000 taxpayers have saved more than $500 million, by using TMNZ’s flexible and simple tax payment solutions.
What’s more, TMNZ invests all its profits in a restored and thriving Aotearoa. With this purpose at its core, TMNZ is proud to work alongside its philanthropic partner the Whakatupu Aotearoa Foundation, to bring this vision to life.
TMNZ Offer to NZ CA Members
Preferred pricing for purchasing all current year tax. This gives you the reassurance that you are receiving a competitive quote and will reduce the need to go out to the market – saving you time and money.
Complementary training to help you learn as much as you need about tax pooling and provisional tax. These sessions are CAANZ accredited and provide your staff with CPD.
What benefits are available to NZ CA Members?
- TMNZ have a team of dedicated Client Relationship Managers based across the country who can provide ongoing support and help to embed tax pooling best practice within your firm.
- By using TMNZ’s innovative tools you can cut expenses and save time, for example the TMNZ Tax Calculator has been built to help agents calculate provisional tax payments for their clients. We are also integrated with APS Tax Software.
- We have the largest client-facing team in the country; here to support you, your clients and provide tax pooling advice at no cost. Call 0800 829 888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
- Finally, we are able to provide tax dated as early as 2007 for special cases relating to audit and voluntary disclosures. In many cases we can save your clients over 30% on use of money interest by purchasing through TMNZ.
TMNZ’s Premium Partner Programme
In addition to the above benefits and offers available to NZ CA members, those firms who have joined TMNZ’s exclusive Partner Programme also receive the following:
- Co-branding on all tax pooling transactions.
- Collaboration on client events.
- Priority response to queries raised with the TMNZ team.
- Invitations to exclusive Premium Partner events, such as training sessions and conferences.
- Ongoing written content for firm newsletters, blogs and websites.
- A listing on the TMNZ premium partner firm directory to help bring potential clients to you.
What NZ CA members have to say about the benefits of TMNZ
We have used TMNZ for a number of years and find their team extremely helpful. We use TMNZ in varying ways, from reducing IRD interest and penalty costs on missed or short payments, catching up any balances to remain with safe harbour rules, as short-term financing option when cash flow and provisional tax payments don’t align, and for businesses with fluctuating profits to enable easy access to any overpaid provisional taxes without having to file estimates. TMNZ provides us with quick simple solutions we can provide to our clients which are always greatly appreciated especially when saving IRD interest or penalty costs.
Greg Wall, Brophy Knight
RSM has partnered with TMNZ over a number of years and we have successfully provided our clients with flexible tax payment arrangements. TMNZ have helped our clients mitigate IRD interest and penalty exposure which has been quite significant in some cases. The team at TMNZ staff are proactive and always willing to assist with finding the best tax payment solution for our clients. We would highly recommend TMNZ to our clients.
Bhavika Topiwala, RSM NZ
Here at Brophy Knight we have had TMNZ working alongside us and assisting our clients with tax payments for 10 years. When dealing with client tax payments big and small a key component of the transaction is trust. Our clients like to know they are dealing with people they can trust and we have every confidence in TMNZ to deliver for our clients. We find dealing with one trusted partner works well for our business, which allows our staff to build confidence and knowledge in dealing with TMNZ products and systems, which allows our staff to deliver a better client service.
If we have any problems TMNZ have friendly staff available to help. The TMNZ team are very proactive and offer good advice. They are also prompt and assist with decision making. We would have no hesitation in recommending TMNZ for your tax pooling requirements.
Brendon Adam, Brophy Knight
If you would like to know more about TMNZ’s Premium Partner Programme please contact your regional account manager.
Level 5, Citibank Centre, 23 Customs Street East, Auckland 1010